Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Stuff


This morning, before 7 am, I started putting dinner together for tonight while I'm at work. I made Hungry Boys Casserole, one of husband's favorites from when he was a kid. Maybe I'll post the recipe later if I get a chance. Ya never know.
This whole week was pretty much a weird washout~ I had my first ms exacerbation in a couple years~ nothing to be done about it, just wait it out. I can't tolerate a round of steroids (they used to send a nurse out to hook me up with an IV for 2- three days in a row. Steroids and I do not mix! It's in my chart now to not even offer~ I can't do it, it makes me so sick and I get covered in a bright red pimply rash for weeks on end and suffer from steroid psychosis which means I will start crying and not be able to stop for a month. Seriously, I'd rather have 10 exacerbations than one round of steroids.
I've got that tight, tingly, numb thing going on on the right side of my head and face, right side neck pain, and I'm a little slack near the eye and lips. When I smile, one side doesn't smile as much as the other. You don't know it unless you look closely but dh and J say yes, it is a little more pronounced. My left foot is painful tho I can't remember injuring it, so maybe that's just some spasticity in the tendon that goes along the bottom outside below the ankle.
This could all clear up in an hour or attach itself like a barnacle for the next year. Who knows. I've still got dishes and laundry to take care of (yes, I have help! lol) and a million maple seeds to pick out of my flower beds and the cracks in the driveway. And I still go to work. Nothing changes just because of a little brainzap.

1 comment:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 40 years old mom to 4 wonderful blessings, Married for 20 years, Unapologetic Conservative, Imperfect Orthadox Catholic, writer, reader, lover of politics, and living with multiple sclerosis.