Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Stuff

I got some terrific deals at Amvets and Salvation Army this week.

One is either a real pearl necklace OR a fabulously well made fake for $1.79. It has weight to it and passed the plastic test (stick a hot needle in one and see if it melts a hole through.. it didn't) and has a slight gritty feel on the tooth test (yes, I washed it first! lol), also it is tied tightly with knots between each pearl, and the clasp is real gold~ so either way, whether feaux or real, it is worth far more than what I paid for it and it's a nice length, just longer than a choker, and perfect for work.

I found two pairs of like new dress slacks in navy and deep olive, 3 dressy tops, some toys for Brooke (a dolly, a big pink barbie car, a smallish Dora dolly), and all together spent just over $20.

Josh is at ECIC's this evening, tho his races aren't until tomorrow. He'll be in 4 events.
Kyle had to deal with a hissing, standing, puffed out black water snake at work today while draining out the pond on the golf course. Eeeeew. It had fangs!
He isn't paid nearly enough, I say.
Ken had an interview for a totally awesome job today and I am going to keep my thoughts quiet on that so I don't jinx it.

1 comment:

  1. I envy you your pearl necklace (isn't that a ZZTop song?)I love going to those kinds of stores and finding great things . . . I also love donating stuff to those kinds of stores so other people can find great things :-) I will say quiet prayers for Ken.

    ReplyDelete



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 40 years old mom to 4 wonderful blessings, Married for 20 years, Unapologetic Conservative, Imperfect Orthadox Catholic, writer, reader, lover of politics, and living with multiple sclerosis.