Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday, Memorial Day

So while (some of us) were watching war movies and thinking upon the ultimate sacrifices made on our behalf so we could this very day be enjoying the freedom to live the way we do, we also spent time together, as a family, on the patio. A neighbor girl stopped by too which was nice~ she'll be going away to college in the fall and I am going to miss her terribly.
We had hotdogs, hamburgers, and corn~ all cooked on the grill. Also (grandma's recipe) potato salad, and then we made smores over a campfire. I had one of those XX beers, which I think is a new favorite for me. We were all so full we didn't even get to the raspberries and cream I had planned for dessert. Quick bubble baths for the kids, teeth brushed, and then I popped them into bed. Back to school and work tomorrow~ it was a good weekend. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 40 years old mom to 4 wonderful blessings, Married for 20 years, Unapologetic Conservative, Imperfect Orthadox Catholic, writer, reader, lover of politics, and living with multiple sclerosis.