Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What 20 Years Of Parenting And Having MS Have Both Taught Me

Well...

I've learned a lot of things about life since the diagnosis 14 years ago this month AND in the nearly 20 years since K was born and the three kids that came after him.
I've been reading a lot (when aren't I?) and I wanted to share a few thoughts here.

A friend is freaking out about her son going for a blood test to find out why he gets so many colds. I can save her the time and money and give her that answer~ he is three! He's an adorable little boogerfest! He IS going to have a lot of colds and not every one means he needs to be taken to the doctor for bloodwork! His coloring, temperature, activity level, appetite & sleep patterns, learning, and social skills are fine~ so STOP freaking out already! You're wasting a lot of energy when you could be having fun with him, rather than teaching HIM how to be a hypochondriac! Geesh.

Another thing~ If your faith or religion isn't giving you what you need and it isn't feeding your soul, here's a thought. Maybe it isn't the religion. Maybe its YOU! Maybe you're too worried about yourself and your own needs and should be going to Church to just give thanks and praise to the One who created and loves you. Maybe having humility, & giving gratitude and worship to God for all those incredible blessings would do some good?

If one has time to have affairs and hang out in bars, you're definitely doing something wrong with your time. Somebody isn't getting what they need during those hours, and it isn't YOU. Maybe it's your spouse, or your children, or your parents??

I don't have time to worry about the terrible ingredients in my kid's shampoo. I don't have time to worry about whether their cereal is dangerously sugared or not. I don't have the wherewithall to care about a lot of things. I'm too busy enjoying my kids and the very short time we have together that they are just kids.

More musings later...... I have to go out to play now.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 40 years old mom to 4 wonderful blessings, Married for 20 years, Unapologetic Conservative, Imperfect Orthadox Catholic, writer, reader, lover of politics, and living with multiple sclerosis.