Thursday, May 21, 2009

Life In The Spirit Seminar

I've started going to a 6 week seminar on Wednesday nights after work. Please pray that IF this is where the Lord wants me to be, that I am open to his gifts of the Holy Spirit. I have some reservations and anxieties, but know those are just that~ mine~ and the Lord can and will lift them if that is His will. Thanks!

Oh what a gorgeous day this is! I have so much to do today and thankfully working is not one of them. However, because it is Thursday (payday!) B. is eager to "go to work" all dressed up in whatever her favorite outfit is today. She likes to collect my paycheck and visit all the residents.

Speaking of residents, I got to dance last night! Yes, that's right, waltzing in front of the elevator with a lady resident that needed some help finding her apartment, so while we waited for the aide to come get her, I asked her to dance with me since the music on the radio was so lovely. This particular lady wears a roam alert bracelet and sets off the alarms if she wanders too close to the door and a family member had just brought her back and tearfully left so the resident lady wanted to follow after her. *sigh* I absolutely had my own agenda, the dancing was a distraction, but it sure was a fun one!
I had someone tell me "I wish all the gals working here were like you." *Smile* I don't receive compliments very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm 40 years old mom to 4 wonderful blessings, Married for 20 years, Unapologetic Conservative, Imperfect Orthadox Catholic, writer, reader, lover of politics, and living with multiple sclerosis.